We have tried to make access to and within our guest house as practical as possible within the restrictions of the building’s age, character and layout.
• Private car park at the front of the property with space for up to three cars. There is additional parking opposite and across the road.
• Separate enclosed parking for motorbikes and bicycles on site.
• All guests are issued with their own keys upon arrival.
• The external doors are locked between 9pm and 7:30am for guest security
• There are two shallow steps into the reception main hallway.
• We make every effort to ensure that all signage and literature at St John’s Lodge is produced in large print.
• Rooms 3 and 4 are on the ground floor and therefore most suitable for those with less mobility.
• There are 14 steps to the lower ground floor to Rooms 1 and 2.
• There are 14 steps to the first floor to Rooms 5 and 6 and 16 steps to Rooms 7 and 8
• and an additional 15 steps to the second floor to Rooms 10 and 11.
• Unfortunately there is no lift available. Access is via well-lit staircases.
• We welcome guide dogs.
All bedrooms have:
• bedside lighting
• Yale locks for security and additional handles are provided both internally and externally
• Anti-slip flooring in bathrooms
• Shower enclosures
• Shower anti-slip mats
• Lever operated flush toilets
• Thermostatically controlled radiators
We have an alternative access route to the building via the ‘tradesman’s entrance’ which requires only six steps to Room 1 and the dining room.
Our dining room is on the lower ground floor. We are happy to provide a breakfast tray in your room for our disabled guests. Please contact us in advance to arrange this.